Re: [LUG] DNS & Bittorrent

On 15/10/06, Michael Mortimore <nospamformike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I want my out-of-copyright classical music!
of course you do :P

No, I'm literally trying to download a Beethoven torrent.

Google has given me these pages which suggest that the number of
connections is the problem. Were you using the same settings in linux
and windows?
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp?s=2&c=17&t=4409
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Network_connection_dying

I believe it gets to four connections at a maximum anyway...

was it affecting other computers on the same network? it could be that
the linux driver for your card isn't as robust as the windows one. do
you have a different network card you can try?

This is the only computer on the network, and the network card is built into the motherboard. I will try with my new motherboard when Ebuyer get their heads out of their arses and send it to me.

i admittedly hadn't heard of snmp until last week but what I've read
about it doesn't seem relevant. Perhaps someone more knowledgable
knows better.

my only problems have been  crashing the router and running out of
ram, rendering the computer being unusable while torrenting. that was
to do with too many connections and/or files.

Nope, this happens even while the client isn't doing anything at all

--
Ben Goodger
#391382