Re: [LUG] DNS & Bittorrent

>I want my out-of-copyright classical music!
of course you do :P

Google has given me these pages which suggest that the number of
connections is the problem. Were you using the same settings in linux
and windows?
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp?s=2&c=17&t=4409
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Network_connection_dying

was it affecting other computers on the same network? it could be that
the linux driver for your card isn't as robust as the windows one. do
you have a different network card you can try?

i admittedly hadn't heard of snmp until last week but what I've read
about it doesn't seem relevant. Perhaps someone more knowledgable
knows better.

my only problems have been  crashing the router and running out of
ram, rendering the computer being unusable while torrenting. that was
to do with too many connections and/or files.