[LUG] Slightly OT: Anyone on the list got kids at Torquay Community College?

Hi folks,

This is a slightly off topic question.

My fiancée has applied to become a school governor for Torquay Community
College.  She needs two referees who are parents who have children
currently going to school at Torquay Community College.

Now part of the reason she is applying to be a governor is because her
eldest daughter is in year 8 at the school.  My fiancée also went to TCC
a few years back when it was known as Westlands School.  Unfortunately
since then things have gone downhill a tad but my girlfriend would like
to have a say in improving things for everyone.

I thought that this could also possibly benefit the Open Source
community too.  A few of us have tried to make some noise about getting
some interest in Linux but so far it seems we've got the same - why
bother or Linux is too hard to use excuses.  I think if we had someone
to speak for us in the schools then someone might listen.  Either that
or we send a batch of a few thousand Linux CDs to every school in Devon
& Cornwall.

If anyone could help me out on this, please drop me a mail off list.
Sorry in advance if I should have just sent the odd e-mail to members
who are in Torquay.

Rob