Re: [LUG] Business South West

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Aaron Trevena
Sent: 13 October 2006 10:31
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Business South West

On 13/10/06, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Of course the NHS is now introducing incentives so GPs do make more if
> their patients are well treated. Be interesting to see if it works.

I don't see much reason for that to really work much.

Given any decent GP will do a good job for non-financial reasons in
the first place, and that the GP pay level is enough to not have to
worry much, the incentive would likely see a few less-than-decent GPs
game the system for the extra cash, with some of their patients being
treated a little politer.

Emphasis on "Decent GP"

Our GP is one of the reasons we don't want to move, she is superb and
really shows how much any profession can vary between people and areas
- nowhere have we received anything close to the level of care she
provides, particularly in London where the GPs we encountered were
(through lack of time or other reasons) unable or unwilling to provide
even a basic level of care for somebody suffering longterm or
nontrivial illness.

Cheers,

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk

Click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
X2EQQpCTBOFS8l2+7Vo0XIYxxNLfhf0RyXQz5exjdqrRw==  to report this email as
spam to Sanctuary Housing's managed spam filter,BlackSpider. (Do NOT
click on 'remove me' or other links from spam as that usually just
confirms your email to the spammers and can lead to malicious websites)