Re: [LUG] Linux courses

On Thursday 12 October 2006 09:05, Grant Sewell wrote:
> paul sutton wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Over here in canada (well BC canada),  the local technology college is
> > offering 3 linux courss, intro, system admin and something else,  in
> > addiiton it says if you are serious about being a System admin you need
> > to know Linux,   Looks like we are ahead of the UK esp as neither south
> > devon college or dartington tech offer Linux courses,
> >
> > Are we any closer to getting Linux courses at local colleges,
> >
> > another course they do costs 27,000 dollars, and is aimed at
> > filmmakers,  you purchase the equipment as part of the course fee, and
> > get expert help in producing a mini movie, or what every you want,  not
> > Linux related but they do some really cool stuff,
> >
> > Paul
>
> I am still trying to get Cornwall College to run Linux courses.  I am
> also writing a couple of courses myself in case I am unsuccessful in
> getting them to use a "proper" course like LPI (or RHCx, or Novell, etc).
>
> Grant.
I did find a pdf of a European Computer Driving license course  which I always
meant to do in html for Linux. I'm toying with the idea of contacting my
local college and seeing if they might be interested in me teaching a course
but my smallholding is taking up a bit of my time and I'm not sure I can make
the time yet but would be interested in helping write one but I think we're
talking less that an hour a week at the mo..
Tom te tom te tom