Re: [LUG] Another Linux convert?

Thomas Arrow wrote:
>> Right, I've got to go and work a spec out now... Anyone know of any
>> multi-function inkjet printer/scanner machines that DO work under Linux?
>>

> Hi,
> I have an HP officejet 5600 running perfectly under debian here. It is a
> scanner, photocopier, printer and fax all in one. I have the printing
> working over ipp (not made samba work yet) and not fixed network
> scanning but works flawlessly in xsane locally.
>
> - --
> Tom(the younger)

Thanks for the tip.  I'm not sure how much they want to spend in total
(they did say about £1000 for the PC which I dare say they could get PC
that would be more than enough for their needs with future proofing
included for under the £1000 mark).  If I could supply them with a PC
and MFP for under £1000 that would be a good start.

Rob