Re: [LUG] Promotion of Linux in Devon (again)

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rob Beard
Sent: 27 September 2006 20:39
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Promotion of Linux in Devon (again)

paul sutton wrote:
> Sounds a good idea,  there is also the  totnes show which is the
largest
> one day show in the country I think, I have been twice, so thats
another
> option to look into.  Not sure on the cost differences.
Yeah, we (South Hams Radio) had an outside broadcast at the last Totnes
show.  I'd assume it would be cheaper than the Devon County Show.

> On that note,  what Software is available under OSS that would be
> suitable for farming etc.  I.e we could promote OSS in the farming or
> agriculture industry.,
>
> I did a few quick google searches
>
> French agriculture ministry migrates to Linux.
>
> http://lxer.com/module/db/go/12/6488/
>
> LInux in use on farms
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3292
>
> hope this is useful

Well has anyone on the LUG got any links/experience with farming?  It's
not something I could say I know much about myself.  I could possibly
speak nicely to the guys at South Hams radio and get some sort of
promotion for any events that happen in the South Hams area with regards

to promoting the use of computers in the area (like the silver surfers).

Rob

I think there is a farmers collective or something in Devon which uses
Linux intensively (a job came up recently there)

Click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
P4Fj4T5XymtA9SsdDMd4+B8hxXs7+rIHPXxhTwrS+PKbg==  to report this email as
spam to Sanctuary Housing's managed spam filter,BlackSpider. (Do NOT
click on 'remove me' or other links from spam as that usually just
confirms your email to the spammers and can lead to malicious websites)