Re: [LUG] Free Linux based computer with broadband connection

Hi,

I am new to this LUG so, I hope you don't mind me commenting on this ?

The charges for broadband in France are lower than here. Therefore, most
of this charge is really for hire of the PC (which a customer would have
already part paid for out of the initial payment of 150 euros). I agree
that it would be good for people new to Linux to begin with but, soon, I
think they would want their own machine set up to suit their own
requirements.

I was a Neuf Telecom customer and they were a terrible ISP. I cancelled
the service with them back in February and am still waiting for a refund
as they overcharged me. They are great when you are a new customer but,
will fight tooth and nail to avoid termination of the service, when you
no longer require it. I can see things will be any better, now they have
merged with Cegetel.

I think this offer is a cheap way for the newly merged company to pull
in new, inexperienced customers that will stay with them long term.

Sorry - I am a bit cynical when it comes to Neuf.
I'll get off my soapbox now.

Viv