Re: [LUG] IE for linux !

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Robin Cornelius
Sent: 26 September 2006 13:40
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] IE for linux !

On 9/26/06, paul sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok without provoking comments on my own site,  surely if the site is
w3c
> complient and has the logo thing which links to the validator to prove
> this, then the site is writtne properly and the w3c link will prove
> this,  the fact that IE can't cope with this is not the fault of the
web
> site author,  you  could put that you have made this site compatable
> with w3c standards, and therefore it compatable with all w3c browsers,

Well the normal method of web development is to make your site
standards compliant and add in workarounds so IE displays it ok as
well :-)

The problem with not making it IE compatible depends on the nature of
your site, if its a commercial site for example turning around to your
customers and saying change your browser its not our fault its broken
when your competitors sites work fine will not wash very far. Although
when you turn around and complain it doesn't work in FireFox and you
get a user Internet explorer response it seems a bit one sided.

There is no real solution at the moment, the masses use a non standard
compliant browser and the masses don't really care that its not
standard compliant.

worst problem with IE is that not only does it depend onversion of IE,
but version of windows and resolution of screen

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk

Click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
GDsNVt6koAHN9q4VGK9fQTYujAtIg4P3+KMuEECkc+4hg==  to report this email as
spam to Sanctuary Housing's managed spam filter,BlackSpider. (Do NOT
click on 'remove me' or other links from spam as that usually just
confirms your email to the spammers and can lead to malicious websites)