Re: [LUG] SATA v PATA

Ben Goodger wrote:

>     Yes, SATA works with linux most of the time, but you'll need a much
>     newer kernel than most distros will have
>
> Er, what distro is this? Debian stable?

Etch... I needed a 2.6.12 kernel before my Ali/Uli chipset (Abit or
Asus, can't remember which) was picked up properly. (I suppose it was
about a year ago I built that particular box)

I'm using both pata and sata in production servers and performance wise,
not seeing a huge amount of difference between them in real-world terms.