Re: [LUG] amd64 was something to do with browsers

Hi Neil

On Friday 22 September 2006 00:04, Neil Williams wrote:
> I might take a look. Right now, I'm pleased to get rid of a nasty amd64
> bug in TBird (and "the beast") that kept messing up text displays when
> moving around with the cursor keys.

I have just built a amd64 and installed Kubuntu on the machine. I do keep
having a few problems and wonder whether I have done things correctly!

I put the machine together, installed Kubuntu and basically been trying to
work drivers out since. I have a 19" flat screen, a sound card, on board
graphics, which is a geforce 6100+nforce 410.

I am not sure whether I have set the motherboard up correctly, or what I
should do with the disk that comes with the motherboard, etc. When I finished
building the computer I tried to put the motherboard disk in but it wouldn't
boot of the disk, so I installed Kubuntu. Have I done this wrong please? And
how do I find drivers for all the extras I have got? Is it better to start
again and re-install Kubuntu but this time with the sound card attached and
also the flat screen. The came after the initial set-up.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rich