Re: [LUG] /dev/scd0

Ben Goodger wrote:
> On 20/09/06, *Neil Stone* <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     It'll be a small area at the start of the USB drive, RO partition
>     holding "autorun" info
>
>     I have seen this many times before, it's just annoying and bloody rude
>     on the part of the vendor.
>

> Yeah. So how do I get rid of it? Fdisk can't see it, the files on it
> aren't writable by Nautilus, etc.

The impression I got was that the scd0 device is like a master device,
and sda is created off that- a bit like I have an ethernet device called
wifi0 which doesn't do anything, but you create a device from that
called ath0.

Obviously I really have no idea- so if I'm wrong I want to know about it
- and also want to get rid of it- though I don't get any autorun stuff,
and sda is the full size of the device- maybe it's for booting from it?

Simon