Re: [LUG] kubuntu - overfloweth - announce list

Quite a few lugs using mail man offer a digest version of days postings
(or perhaps 1/2 day)  i.e one e-mail with an index and all the
postings.   Not sure how much extra work this is,  but it's a
possibility.   It does mean less mail,

Some lugs have an announce list,  which you subscribe to receive mail
from. of course for this to work EVERYONE needs to subscribe to it,
otherwise they don't know about any events coming up.  Not sure if this
would work as in general we discuss this type of thing on the list.  it
works better when there is a regular venue, and regular date (e.g first
tuesday of every month),  but for us meetings are arranged on a
irregular basis when someone can arrange one.   then discuss if it's ok
for everyone to attend.

Paul.