Re: [LUG] Oops internet Problems

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 15:34, Richard Brown wrote:

> I am having a bit of a bizarre problem. I can collect emails and can go
> online with Konquerer but if I use apt-get or Firefox then they don't see
> an internet connection.

I had exactly the same problem with Sarge on 2 boxes, after I moved from a PCI
broadband modem on an IPCop box to using etho routers via IPCop.  Eventually,
after a lot of fiddling about, I changed my 2 routers (Netgear and a D-Link)
to a pair of Speedtouch routers and the apt/browser problem disappeared.

I later discovered that on various lists/Google that others had had the same
problem with similar routers and recall that it had something to do with
IPV4/IPV6 protocols.

Hence I have Netgear and D-Link etho routers sitting around if anyone wants
them. ;-)

--
W. Devon