Re: [LUG] Nokia 9500

On Thursday 24 August 2006 14:52, Simon Williams wrote:
> I would have snapped up the 9500 by now if it ran Linux- that was my
> main reason for buying Zaurii.
>
> What I really want is something that is clamshell- so that I get a
> decent keyboard and protection for the screen that doesn't look rubbish.
>
> Price is the main problem. I'm looking for something less than 200
> pounds. I need bluetooth and wifi, and being able to replace my phone
> would be good.

It's not a clamshell, but the Nokia 770 is pretty good. It has wifi and
bluetooth, and although it can't replace your phone, it can connect to one
with bluetooth to get on the internet.

It's actually designed to run linux, and is very hackable, with lots of
familiar linux apps available for it, like xterm, irssi, and supertux. As
well as that, the latest OS version allows you to connect to Google Talk and
use it for VoIP. http://maemo.org/ is the place to go for screenshots and
packages for it.

Oh, and it has a massive 4.1 inch 800x480 screen. Perfect for web browsing.
--

140cf42384f90b8c349b67457b907115

Public PGP key at http://www.jameshallam.info/files/publicpgpkey.txt