Re: [LUG] Servers

On 23/08/06, Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Folks

I currently have a need for about three servers:
1. Web server.
This would serve a simple 'Hi' Page but would have a backend which I can log
into and retrieve customer information when I am out on the road.

Put this one with the more powerful of the other two, methinks

2. File server.
3. Thin client server.

Depending on load, I'd probably separate these.

Can I run them all together or would it be best to separate them please? I am
thinking of running the server as a raid array and backing up to a firewire
drive every other day. I haven't got a distro by choice but will probably
have a go at using the Ubuntu server package.

The thin client server will be serving about three clients. It will also have
a Mac attached to the network.

Whilst emailing I thought I would just add this for folks who are running a
Windows box to view websites:
<http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/index-en.html >
I have got it running on a Fedora box and it works well.

Thanks for the help.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk