[LUG] (Non-Linux Topic) Daisy chaining power-supplies?

Hi all,

I am looking to install several hard-drives, maybe a removable-hdd tray,
and a CD/DVD Reader/Burner into a system I'm (re)building.  Ideally, I
would also like to *not* spend a fortune on this as I am kinda recycling
bits and bobs into this machine as it is.  So, to my question: I am
likely to need a few extra Molex connectors for all the drives,
unfortunately it would seem that the vast majority of PSUs I have (or
are available at a sensible price) are limited to having 4 Molex
connectors.  Is it possible to daisy-chain two PSUs so I have the extra
power I need?  I know that the ATX PSUs don't work unless connected to a
motherboard and the power-switch was pressed... I'm guessing a couple of
pins on the mobo connector would need shorting?

Just thinking around the problem... I could spend some more money and
get a higher rated PSU and add a few Moles splitters... but is that wise?

Please bear in mind that I'm not particularly electrically minded or
inclined...

Cheers.
Grant.