[LUG] The $100 Laptop (incl. pledge)

Hi

This has recently come to my attention.

The $100 laptop, for those who don't know, is a very cheap laptop computer, running Fedora, Firefox and GNOME incl. Abiword etc; it has 500MiB of flash memory, 128MiB of RAM, a 500MHz processor, a low-power display, WiFi and a pull-string human power supply. I am going to buy one at $300 for my business, in accordance with this pledge, and I ask that you do the same (the $200 extra is used to fund the donation of two of them to Africa and such.)

http://www.pledgebank.com/100laptop

Please also sign the following pledge, just for the satisfaction of imagining Jack Straw's face on receipt of a metric crapload of hate mail. (It won't cost you £220.)
http://www.pledgebank.com/strawman

Thanks!

--
Ben Goodger