Re: [LUG] WHOA! Anyone seen the gp2x?

Mark wrote:
> As you have got one Gem, have you tried wireless with SDIO cards?

No, I've not heard any news on whether it's WiFi-able with the SDIO yet.
The way I've heard people get wireless at the moment is through a USB
Adapter using a breakout board (http://gbax.com/gp2xbreakoutboard.html)
attached to the EXT port which needs to be powered.

> I am very tempted to buy one  - my main uses would be playing games ( I see it
> runs Quake and some other games as well as emulators - all things I like),
> media things - oggs, video etc, and I may even look into a spot of porting
> some stuff if it doesn't look too complex.
> Sounds like it would be spot on for my uses. No interest in PDA functions
> myself so that wouldn't bother me.

I'm looking at getting a Nintendo DS to run Linux on
(http://www.dslinux.org/) the onboard wifi works on it as do the two
screens, control buttons and the stylus (someone was demoing it at the
Hardware Hacking talk at LUGRadio Live). It kept running out of memory
though, it only has 4MB of main RAM.

Gem