Re: [LUG] WHOA! Anyone seen the gp2x?

On Thursday 27 July 2006 13:02, Gemma Peter wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > Looking around the wiki for the gp2x
> > (http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Main_Page), it loos as if SDIO may be the way
> > to get wireless working - which would be worth investigating.....  I can
> > see me having to buy one of these
> > for "experimenting" with ;)
>
> I've got one. I can bring it along to the BBQ if anyone's interested. It
> works better as a platform for developing/emulating games and portable
> media viewer than it does as a PDA.
>

> Gem

I won't be at the barbie sadly. As you have got one Gem, have you tried
wireless with SDIO cards?
I am very tempted to buy one  - my main uses would be playing games ( I see it
runs Quake and some other games as well as emulators - all things I like),
media things - oggs, video etc, and I may even look into a spot of porting
some stuff if it doesn't look too complex.
Sounds like it would be spot on for my uses. No interest in PDA functions
myself so that wouldn't bother me.

Mark