Re: [LUG] Help Please - Lexmark Printer

David Bell wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 July 2006 13:59, Keith Abraham wrote:
>
>> Try this link
>>
>> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Lexmark-1020
>
> Thanks Keith, had tried there.  I have also tried Canon and HP drivers which
> are recommended on various sites.

I can only suggest you ensure that CUPS system it up-to-date
(1.2.4-4 in unstable). Also there has been some recent problems
with CUPS and KDE 3.5 and most people recommend setting up your
printer from a browser. ie. put

http://localhost:631/admin

in the URL and try that.

   One of the bugbears of convincing
> impecunious M$ Windows users to use Linux instead :-)

Know what you mean. Especially when they all seem to have those
USB all-in-one jobbies. It's one of the reasons I still have my
old Epson Stylus Color 600 (+ compatible cartridges are cheap).

Keith