Re: [LUG] newlines and ftp

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 10:44:57AM +0100, Steve Marvell wrote:
> John Daragon wrote:
>
> > Are you saying that vsftpd is ignoring the "ascii" command ? 'Cause none
> > of mine do....
>
> I am saying that if you upload to proftpd the conversion gets done
> (but has other problems) and if I use vsftpd, it doesn't. That'#s all
> I've got to go on.
>
> Strangely, if I download, the conversion does get done.

Look in the config file, you might see something like

# By default the server will pretend to allow ASCII mode but in fact
# ignore
# the request. Turn on the below options to have the server actually do
# ASCII
# mangling on files when in ASCII mode.
# Beware that turning on ascii_download_enable enables malicious remote
# parties
# to consume your I/O resources, by issuing the command "SIZE /big/file"
# in
# ASCII mode.
# These ASCII options are split into upload and download because you may
# wish
# to enable ASCII uploads (to prevent uploaded scripts etc. from
# breaking),
# without the DoS risk of SIZE and ASCII downloads. ASCII mangling
# should be
# on the client anyway..
#ascii_upload_enable=YES
#ascii_download_enable=YES

(first google from vsftpd ascii conversion)