Re: [LUG] Apache security flaw - my website cracked

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 01:17:11PM +0100, Ed Rackham wrote:
> Whats your friend's site address? I'll pen test it for you later to
> see how easy it was to hack.

I would gently advise you not to do this without authorisation in
writing and agreement from all concerned.

The hosting ISP might pick up your attack and go after you, for example.

I think the days of testing out your friends and associates servers
security for a bit of fun are gone forever...which is a pity and will
make the Internet more dangerous in the long run, but that's the way it
goes.