Re: [LUG] (Another rant) [Fwd: Microsoft shuts down Windows 98]

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 10:46:33AM +0100, Tom Potts wrote:
>  why spend £400 on a new computer? You can probably get all the
> performance you need by sticking in a new processor/memory. And perhaps
> a new (second-hand)  motherboard if that's not an option.
> Tom te tom te tom

My inlaws aren't the kind of people that can upgrade their computer,
however even if I did it (and they live 350 miles away) they would need
1) New processor
2) New HDD

Meaning
3) New motherboard

Meaning
4) New memory
5) New case

And of course the cost of the XP upgrade on top of that.