Re: [LUG] NHS IT upgrade set for criticism

On 13/07/06, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh and the help page has a layout problem -- took a little persuading
> for W3C validator to look at the page (119 errors), that probably helps
> explain why the menu doesn't show. Of course if they used the right case
> for their xhtml tags the number of errors would be a lot less. My guess
> is they are deliberately returning crap to the W3 validator, but then
> that could be conspiracy where incompetence will do, either way the old
> DRM adage applies, if the browser has to display it you can't hide it.

AFAIK, the next version will be cross browser compatible, but I'm
guessing something was put out to satisfy the 95+% of users using IE6
that come to the site. By no means an excuse (I'm not able to use it
myself!) - let me assure you that none of our products would ever
deliberately return broken markup to the validator.

Again, personal opinion, not my employer, yadda yadda yadda,

matt