Re: [LUG] Linux for kids

I wouldn't expose GNU to anyone under 15 in general - no matter what GNOME devs say, it must be learnt and will people do so? Will they hell. Preteens and early teens are particularly bad at this (incl. me) - and I hardly think that most of the error messages output by the average (somewhat screwed up) Linux system are suitable for preteen comprehension, let alone exposure.

I seem to remember back when I started at about 11 it was complicated but I was willing to learn I think most of the error messages got pumped into google but it wasn't really that bad. I don't really see why limit it. I got my brother using ubuntu at the age of 8 and that was fine he could install programs using apt and just came to find me if it barfed. Anyway I think you get my point...

--
Tom (the younger)