Re: [LUG] Wiki packages

Kai Hendry wrote:
> On 2006-07-11T08:26+0100 Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Due to the content which will be going on the wiki we really need
>> something hosted internally on the network and only accessable
>> internally.  Still I've bookmarked that site, may come in useful in the
>> future.
>>

> It has a permission system.
>
> I really don't understand intranets.
>

> dreamhost.com offer easy "one click" mediawiki installs. I think
> mediawiki is probably the best as everyone is familiar with it. It is
> horrible to maintain though.

Well what we have at the moment is an old Dell P3 running Ubuntu Server
6.06.  We need something we can install on this server.  Due to the
restrictions on the firewall on the company network it will not be
accessible externally from any machines on the internet unless they
connect into the company VPN.

Rob