Re: [LUG] Thumbnail images

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:47:22 +0100
Tony Sumner <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jul 09, 2006, Neil Winchurst was like:
>
> > > Konqueror will create thumbnails -- under 'tools'
> > >
> > > Tony Sumner
>
> > Not on my computer it won't. (Mandrake2006). I have conqueror version
> > 3.4.2 and there is no choice about thumbnails in the 'Tools' menu. Or
> > have I misunderstood you?
>
> I should have explained. In Konqueror in the Location field type the
> location of a directory that has .jpg files in it. This fills the
> windows with tiny images. In tools you now have 'Create Image Gallery'
> and if you click that you get a file images.html with the lines
> in it. You can have the files names under each thumbnail so you need
> to choose the file names so that they are useful titles. It's a bit
> brutal but it is quick and you can always edit the files to suit.
> (er, my Konq is only 3.0.3 but they wouldn't drop it would they?)
>
> Tony

Perhaps my version of conqueror is a bit different. Anyway, if I open
up a file full of photos I can change to icon view (I normally use
detailed list view) and I do get some icons, but they are not copies of
the actual photos, just pictures of a camera. Perhaps because my photos
are .png and not .jpg.

There is no 'Create Image Gallery' under tools but there is already a
Thumbnails sub-folder. If I go there I can see all the thumbnails, this
time as little photo icons (although these are also .png files). So
perhaps in my version the thumbnails are automatically created. Or
perhaps digikam did it for me. There is no file 'images.html' either,
so it seems that my version does things a bit differently.

Anyway, the thumbs and the images are there for me. Thanks for the help.

Neil Winchurst