[LUG] Bittorrent woes

Hi

I am trying to use Azureus with Dapper to download Elephants Dream. However, the most the download gets to is about 30kb/sec and then only for a few seconds while it dips down to zero. Simultaneously, firefox starts to get random timeout errors, MSN Messenger (gaim) recieves "error with switchboard" errors, Jabber (gaim) gets errors, etc etc. All this happens while nearly no traffic is travelling on my eth0 port, as confirmed by GNOME's system monitor application and panel applet. Why is Azureus doing this, and how can I stop it from doing so? Also, any error messages it pops up at the bottom-right don't go away when that button is clicked. How can I fix this?

--
Ben Goodger
#391382