Re: [LUG] Freeview cards & Linux

Rob Beard wrote:

> I luckily got MythTV working although due to the poor signal I couldn't
> tune much in.  My own plans for a MythTV box are on hold at the moment.
> I haven't got a small enough case and I think the chosen board (Athlon
> XP 2000 with 512MB memory) might have been a bit too slow too.

Depends on the rest of the hardware, really.  With an analogue TV
card, that should be enough for recording one channel, but may be a bit
lacking if you're trying to record two or watch one and record another.
OTOH, if you have a TV card that provides a digital signal directly,
you need far less processing power.

James.