Re: [LUG] Dentistry Software

Richard Brown wrote:
> I have been asked to source a computer and software for a dentist. I would
> love to go Linux but he needs software to manage the practice. Is there any
> purpose built medical software for Linux please?

Dental != medical.

Linudent I think exists ...

The specific applications involved are two:-

charting software to keep a map of the teeth in  a highly formalised way;

dental estimates board claims for payment

Neitehr looks terribly hard though ...

THe rest - master patient index etc accounts and so on - is common to us
I suppose.

I'll pass that question on to a dentist I know who runs the server on
Linux, but the clients on Windows, with a commercial system in place.