Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Microsoft opens up on file styles]

On 06/07/06, Robin Cornelius <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/6/06, Keith Abraham <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If this happened I would have thought that any government body
> would take this to mean that M$ was not complying with the demand
> for ODF conformability.

They might not do it on purpose, two versions of word can't aways
render the same document in the same way! I have seen and been bitten
by this myself.

Who says that wasn't on purpose? "You can't read my file? What version of Word do you have?... Oh, that's the problem, you need to buy Office XP."  *chingching*

--
Ben Goodger
#391382