Re: [LUG] OT: Ancient computing

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> Win 98 bites the dust, came across the following site
>
> http://www.jbum.com/idt/history.html
>

> A History and Overview of Computing in Ancient Britain
>
> Enjoy
>
> henry

Has anyone else read 'A computer called Leo' - its about the Lyons tea
rooms central valve computer from 1952 or so - the first business
computer ever. Probably 5 years before the US's worlds first business
computer*! Its an amazing read and reveals that in the early fifties
Lyons had a business system that was more 'integrated' than most (all
that I have seen) Windows Business Systems.

Tom the farmer.

* I've just been reading this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX>I'm amazed to discover that Microsoft
are now trying to claim  some knowledge of the internet in 1995. I was
writing cross communicating web <FRAMESET> about 2 years earlier and if
I was oing that heaven knows what others were doing!