Re: [LUG] Firefox and Linux

On 14/06/06, Ed Rackham <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not 100% sure as to WHY it's running slower on Linux, but i would mention the Firefox plugin 'FasterFox'. This may be of use to you. I think that about:config may help (in FF) as you can alter pipes and stuff for a speedier experience.

Got that, it's not the download speeds (also slower), it's the rendering engine..

What Linux distro are you using and what version of FF?

Dapper with standard firefox... same on every other distro I've tried.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382