From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ben Goodger
Sent: 13 June 2006 22:31
To: DCLUG List
Subject: [LUG] Firefox and Linux

Hi

I'm currently using Windows, and it strikes me that Gecko runs far faster on here than in Linux. It's particularly more speedy when using GMail and Google Calendar - can anyone offer some explanation for this? GUI operations - opening tabs, for instance - seem to be sluggish in Linux as well, sort of like comparing GTK+ with the windows native toolkit ?

--
Ben Goodger
#391382