Re: [LUG] dpkg glitch was Re: apt-glitch?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 06:14:17PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> This isn't Fedora Core, corruption of the dpkg status is a rare event
> usually caused by Debian developers fiddling with things that shouldn't
> (possibly inclusion of dodgy third party packages?!), it isn't a
> designed in failure mode like "rpm" ;)

I don't know what you're talking about, corrupting the database is a perfectly
reasonable thing for the application to do when it can't install the package,
or uninstall the package, or start, or finish, or gets bored, or it's
Tuesday...  ;)

    bma

--
Benjamin A'Lee - <http://bmalee.eu/~bma/>