Re: [LUG] Problem sending emails

Henry Bremridge wrote:

> The problem started just after I installed the latest security updates from
> Debian etch: but I did not think they had a exim update.

/var/log/dpkg.log exists for a reason... at least it should do in Etch
and Sid.

Your report still reads somewhat muddled to me.

You are saying neither machine can send email anywhere? In which case
the common element would be the router.

> Firewall is not a problem because I can send emails without attachments

Some firewalls try and get clever with SMTP to do things with
attachments. But we don't know what firewall you have, what box it is
running on, or anything about how it is involved in the SMTP transaction
at all.