Re: [LUG] Problem sending emails

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> Can anyone provide any pointers to the following problem
>
> two computers connected to a modem router
> -   Debian etch with exim4
> -   Win XP and Thunderbird
>
> Since yesterday I have been unable to send emails with an attachment over
> about 15 - 20k

>>From which computer to where -- afraid your report is lacking in vital
details -- like from which computer, with which application, what
happens when it fails. Are you sending via the Exim queue. Is the mail
in the queue valid etc.

My first instinct would be to disable the grisoft checking of email
entirely. I've seen so many issues with software trying to proxy
outgoing SMTP (and incoming POP3) I now routinely disable any antivirus
software that even tries to fiddle with the email protocols whenever I'm
asked to look at email problems.