Re: [LUG] AMD 64

On Monday 12 June 2006 15:02, Ben Goodger wrote:
> On 12/06/06, David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Friday 09 June 2006 17:34, Ben Goodger wrote:
> > > How about my Windows installation then? I'll need to reinstall?
> >
> > Back when I was dual booting Linux and Windows I upgraded my system
> > (pretty
> > much everything apart from the hard disk) and Windows (I think it was XP)
> > refused to boot even in safe mode (it would blue screen before it got
> > that far) - Linux of course just noted the change of hardware and
> > prompted me to
> > configure the various bits.
> >
> > That may in fact have been when I decided to stop dual booting and got
> > rid of
> > Windows permanently :-)
>
> Not really an option for me. After Effects, Premiere, Half-life 2, DX-Ball,
> Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper 2, etc all depend on it.
> Meh, I'll just reinstall. The installation is getting very old now anyway,
> must be about two years.

HL2 runs under cedega, probably under wine too - even that abomination Steam
runs. No idea about the other games though - but a nose round the winehq
website would give a clue as to the level of support.
I game in Linux only - the level of support from game manufacturers is
improving all the time - with of course the obvious exception of Microsoft's
own games like Age of Empires etc.

Mark