Re: [LUG] Vista Public Preview Released

On 08/06/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

Just spotted on another site that Microsoft has released a public
preview of Vista.  It appears that it is available in both 32-bit and
64-bit flavours for download (3.5GB for the 32-bit version and 4.4GB for
the 64-bit version).

I'm in the process of ordering a DVD (makes a great coaster).  I may
give it a shot on one of my spare PCs just to see what it's like.  I'm
guessing it would be good to see what the competition is up to, not to
mention when I get asked about it I can say what it does, and how Linux
does it just as well, if not better.

Rob

Page four - or five - of Paul Thurrott's review of it makes hilarious reading. It's like Stallman calling Linux&trade&regd;&copy; a bad product.
I wonder when Microsoft will have Paul killed?

--
Ben Goodger
#391382