Re: [LUG] Promoting Linux & Software Freedom day

Quoting Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Me :-) I'm always up for this kind of thing.
>
> Might be an idea to use Knoppix or similar, as nothing gets installed. I
> can get large (A0) posters made up, and I have the ability to create
> CD's at a fairly high rate.
>

> Neil Stone
>
> Systems Administrator
> FlashTek UK

Well I was thinking Ubuntu 6.06 would be a good option since we can get
them professionally pressed and as far as I know the Live CD has an
installer built in.

I guess with the choices avaliable, we could get together a couple of
distros and live CDs and show what is avaliable to a new Linux user.

I see there is an official Ubuntu book being released in August under
the Creative Commons Licence.  I can't seem to find out what exactly
they will allow (i.e. reprinting of the book or supplying it with
Ubuntu on a CD).

I did also think about the posibility of a LiveDVD with 3 or 4
different 'Live CDs' on one disk.

I've had a fair few ideas, just haven't had much time over the past
couple of weeks to get anything going.

Rob