Re: [LUG] Installing rpm files

Rob Beard wrote:
> Neil Winchurst wrote:
>

>> Can anyone translate for me please?
>>
>> I have downloaded some rpm's (Mandriva2006) and tried to install them. I
>> get the following message
>>
>> unable to access hdlist file of "update source", medium ignored.
>>
>> Then I am told
>>
>> packages already installed.
>>
>> Only they aren't.
>>
>> Can anyone help please?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Neil Winchurst
>>

> What command did you run to install the RPM's?
>
> Was you logged on as root? (or run the su command before trying to
> install  them?)
>
> Rob

I have noticed with urpmi updates that the UK sources are frequently
down, which gives the above messages. I update the UK sources, coventry
and winchester .ac.uk if I remember, and try again. It might be better
to switch from the UK to urpmi sources in holland or france.

The already installed message maybe because the process got far enough
to install the package name to the database. Try uninstalling them.
Dunno what's wrong with the UK sources, but the path seems to change or
the server is down or something.

Simon

--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx