Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 6.06

On 01/06/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I see Ubuntu 6.06 has been released.

I decided to download it (although I may try a dist-upgrade) but I
couldn't help notice there are now 3 different ISO's for each arch (and
thats not including the Live CD).

AFAIK the live cd is now also the install cd, there's a gui installer with a huge button on the desktop.

There is a Desktop ISO, which I'm guessing is for the Desktop, a Server
ISO which I'm assuming has more server packages than Desktop packages
and an 'alternative' ISO.  Not sure what the 'alternative' version is for.

Still, it's good news.  I've been anticipating this upgrade for a
while.  Glad it's finally arrived.

It's good, it's just a shame that the Kubuntu team apparently haven't been putting in as much polishing effort as Ubuntu did for Hoary.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382