Re: [LUG] APT question

Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

> Is there any way I can force it to downgrade packages to match those in
> the main Ubuntu repositories?  I've only found how to do it for
> individual packages, but there are loads of them :(

Yes, several.

Here's how I did a similar thing in Debian unstable.

http://www.debian-administration.org/users/simonw/weblog/49

Does assume the repositories have given sensible labels.

Failing that the APT-HOWTO and Debian reference have all you need to
know to sort this.

Basically you want to tell Apt your preference is for the main
repository versions, and if the preference is strong enough it will try
and downgrade.

Do note downgrading is rarely officially supported, as file formats may
change and no ones ever writes the downgrade script - that is what
backup tapes are for.

-