Re: [LUG] OT: but interesting: [Fwd: Web inventor warns of 'dark' net]

Grant Sewell wrote:
Ian bell wrote:

Julian Hall wrote:

Ian bell wrote:

Must be getting old - I see no mention of M$ in the article.

Ian

Just the bit where they were one of the companies who want to keep the
web in one piece. Possibly because they can envisage companies trying
to get them to pay through the nose for their access. Either way it
works :)

I didn't see that and I serached the article for the word microsoft and got zero hits - do you think the text may have changed?

Ian

No, it hasn't, the Microsoft bit is still there:
"The World Wide Web Consortium, of which Sir Tim is the director, believes in an open model.

This is based on the concept of network neutrality, where everyone has the same level of access to the web and that all data moving around the web is treated equally.

This view is backed by companies like Microsoft and Google, who have called for legislation to be introduced to guarantee net neutrality."

Grant

Found it at last. Thought I was going bonkers for a minute ;-)

Ian

-