[LUG] OTRS and LDAP

Hey all, I’ll try not to bore you all with an overly long email but I just wondered if any of you have experience of using/configuring the open source helpdesk OTRS (Open Ticket Request System)? … and/or its LDAP (specifically Active Directory) integration.

I’ve got OTRS installed and running on a Suse box, but I’m trying to change from authenticating user logons via a local MySQL database, to authenticating using LDAP info and I can’t make it work!!! (from a networking point of view, windows knows about it, it’s IP address settings are right and the corresponding DNS entries are correct as well so this can all be ruled out.)

For such a widely used and useful open source project, there is very little documentation on it and less still on it’s VERY small LDAP module, which looks so simple, but has caused me headaches for two days running now …

If anyone could help in ANY way, I’d be most grateful!!

Gary Stanley