Re: [LUG] VGA to scart

Tom Potts wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:

Hi folks,

Rather that pop this in the Freeview & Linux thread, I thought I'd start a new topic.

As Grant expressed interest in the VGA to Scart cable, I thought I'd post another link... http://ryoandr.free.fr/english.html

This page has the mode line parameters for X too.

This got me thinking, is it possible to get the kernel to set the video mode to run at a lower frequency at boot up?

I think it's the horizontal frequency needs lowering from 31.5KHz to 15.625KHz, and the vertical frequency lowering from say, 70Hz to 50/60Hz.

Rob

-

most of the admin programs (YAST etc) should allow you to set the frequencies or more directly you should be able to use XConfig to modify the frequencies

else find the xconfig and modify that by hand
and ctrl-alt-backspace to restart the server but I think YAST will allow a 'try' before set modification

I was actually thinking for the console output. Still, my idea is, once the MythTV box is running, it shouldn't need shutting down.

It appears that the scart cable requires a 5v supply on pin 8 to put it into 16:9 mode, and also 1 to 3v on pin 16 to set it to RGB. I wonder, could I get this 5v supply from a USB port? (I see it has a 5v supply on the VGA port, I just haven't got a cable with enough cores).

Rob

-