Re: [LUG] Microsoft Vista Hardware Requirements

Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 01:11:48PM +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
What gets me if Microsoft don't give out a free upgrade to Vista for the poor souls who buy a Vista ready PC this christmas. I wonder how many people buying vista ready PCs will be told that they have to fork out EXTRA for Vista next year. How much is an OS upgrade these days? £100 or so?

Just received an advert from Dell offering
-   2.8Ghz, 2Mb L2 Cache, 800Mhz FSB
-   512Mb Ram
-   80 GB harddrive
-    No monitor

For GBP 249 (excluding shipping, VAT)

Buy before 31 May

Presumably all less than Vista ready machines will be discounted like crazy
before October, and then
-   either all sales from October on will include a Vista upgrade
-   or users will have to purchase Vista in January

A lot depending on whether Microsoft is meeting its sales targets and how
popular linux is becoming in the corporate area

try getting them without the windows virus from dell - they claim you can have freedos until you try and buy!

-