Re: [LUG] Freeview cards & Linux

Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of setting up a new Freeview on my soon to be MythTV box and I'm having a bit of a problem.

The card I have bought is a K-World DVB-T 100 PCI card which I got earlier from SVP.

The card is detected as a KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T. From what I can tell, it is a generic card with a Connexant chipset.

The problem I'm having is tuning the card in. It appears that each transmitter has different frequencies. There are a couple of files included for some of the bigger transmitters (CrystalPalace, Blackhill, SandyHeath etc) but nothing for the local transmitters (which I believe in Torquay is StocklandHill.

I was just wondering if anyone had a frequency file for the Torquay area?

Go to the following site and click "Digital reception predictor".

 http://www.wolfbane.co.uk/

It gives transmitters, frequencies, output etc relevant to your
post code.
Also the same for Analogue.

Keith

-