[LUG] Controlling a Sky digibox?

Robin Cornelius wrote:

On 5/16/06, *Kevin Tunison* <ktunison@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ktunison@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    hmmm I wonder if MythTV can be set up as an interface to a skybox.

You can, and i have done it.

The only easy way to control sky is via one of those infred extension things. The best type to hack up are the ones they sell for the TiVo. Check this for more info on control side of things http://www.cornelius.demon.co.uk/lirc-sky-rflink-howto.html. This can be fired up from a serial port. I had MythTV calling the skychannel script that did the magic.

Regards

Robin

A lot of Sky Digital boxes have an RS232 port on the back (well, mine does). Anyone know if this can be used to control the device, or if it's purely for uploading a new firmware (as it is with my Freeview box)?

Grant.

-